Like most girls out there, I am battling and preventing cellulite. I eat right, started exercising and I am always on the look out for creams and potions that are going to keep my thighs smooth cellulite free.
I also love whipping up my own cosmetics and love the idea of going natural, and after much trial and error have managed to come up with this amazing orange-peel banishing oil.
So, here it goes:
I infused almond oil (abt 250 ml) with a 3-4 tablespoons of cayenne powder. You pour the oil on top of the cayenne in a jar and let it macerate for about 2 weeks, shaking the mixture twice daily. I chose almond oil because it’s light (penetrates well into the skin), cheap and moisturizing. The cayenne is great for many many things but I need it to activate my circulation. After 2 weeks I strain the oil through a cheeseclooth into a dark bottle and add a teaspoon of jojoba oil to help “stabilize it”; jojoba oil is technically a wax so it acts as a preserver, keeping my mixture from going rancid fast. If you do have an allergy to nuts, you can always go for grape seed oil, which is also light and makes for a great carrier oil.
Then I add my essential oils. You can start with two or three and add more as your ‘build’ your collection.
- Rosemary (activates circulation)
- Juniper (drains, diuretics, helps eliminate water retention)
- Grapefruit (tonic, stimulates circulation, great for stretch marks)
- Lemon (cleanses, stimulates circulation)
- Orange (Diuretic, stimulates lymphatic drainage)
- Black Pepper (activates circulation, diuretic)
- Atlas Cedar (diuretic, stimulates circulation)
- Rosemary (stimulates circulation, diuretic
- Ginger (warming, stimulates circulation)